We Who Are
Avail is a tech-forward merchandise supplier that is known for bringing unique solutions to an otherwise outdated industry. Our mission is to challenge the status quo by leveraging our people, platform, and experience.
We have built in-house, and continue to scale, two cloud-based applications: Avail ERP and Avail Stores (our webstore platform). Both of these applications are driving a ton of operational efficiency and enabling us to complete for business that we previously was out of our league. There’s still a bunch to do, and we’re looking for like-minded folks to help us get there!
About the Role
As the 2nd full-time Software Engineer for Avail Labs, you will be tasked not only with writing code, but also in helping to make a variety of decisions as we scale our platform. On any single day, you could find yourself doing any of the following things:
- Building and testing new features
- White-boarding with other technical members of our team to find the best solution for a technical problem
- Meeting with non-technical team members and customers to discuss how to best solve a problem using our technology
- Fixing a production bug and deploying a quick fix
- Reviewing other team members' code
- Writing new reports using SQL to answer a business/ops question
- Helping to improve our security posture and assist with SOC2 compliance
What We're Looking For:
- Server side experience working PHP + MySQL (Laravel experience preferred)
- Frontend experience with Typescript, React, and Tailwind CSS
- Proficiency writing unit and integration tests using PHPUnit.
- Knowledge of both building and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with integrating with legacy applications using SOAP
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud provider
- Have worked within a project management tool such as JIRA, Monday, Asana, etc.
- Adaptable and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with loosely defined requirements
- Good communicator and team player
- Willingness to speak up and participate in operations, product, and engineering conversations
This is the perfect role for you if you thrive in working in an unstructured environment and enjoy doing more that just writing code. While your title will be "Senior Software Engineer", you will wear many hats: Product Manager, Architect, Data Analyst, QA, UI Designer, etc.
- Challenging and rewarding work
- No red tape
- Health/Vision Benefits
- 401k Match
- Flexible PTO
- Remote/Hybrid Option
Avail is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
On-Line Accessibility Directive:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us for assistance
Please submit a copy of your resume to using the "Apply Now" button below and we'll go from there!